Effective Home Remedies for Acne Keloidalis Nuchae
Acne of any kind, no matter where you get it – very common on the face, scalp, back and chest -, can be extremely painful and embarrassing too. We do not mind spending a lot of money to keep our face and hair in good condition, but a few skin afflictions on the face or scalp can mar the appearance and leave a negative impact on our self-esteem and morale. Acne keloidalis nuchae is a skin disorder, known to occur because of inflammation in the hair follicles on account of ingrown hairs. This inflammation can further lead to tiny scars that can sometimes grow into bigger ones called keloids. Keloids are normally seen to occur on the back ofthe head, close to the hairline on the neck, and are common in the case of those who regularly shave their heads or cut their hair close to the neck line. The treatment for acne keloidalis nuchae includes reducing the inflammation or the infection and preventing the formation of prominent scars.
Apart from medical treatments, there are some known home remedies for acne keloidalis nuchae:
- Fundamental home remedy involves washing the area thoroughly, preferably daily, with a very mild detergent or cleanser that does not cause irritation or burning and then applying a topical herbal ointment to the affected region.
- You must strictly avoid scratching, rubbing or shaving the affected part to prevent the inflammation from worsening.
- Avoid wearing any tight-fitting head gear and leave the area well-aerated to aid quick healing.
- Patients suffering from this problem must avoid using greasy hair tonics or hair sprays.
- A home-made concoction consisting of honey, rose water, glycerin and lime juice is known to cure milder versions of this disorder.
- A serious and extensively itchy condition might warrant proper medical intervention to ensure permanent and effective cure.